At North Ridge we strive to provide our pupils with the skills to develop functional communication using strategies that are appropriate to their individual needs and their ability by
- Providing a multi-modal, layered approach to communication for each pupil to develop their expressive and receptive skills in curriculum activities, daily routines and in the wider community
- Ensuring that all pupils across school have access to all AAC systems that are available to give them a variety of means to communicate
- Providing a stimulating and communication rich environment where the opportunity to communicate and achieve is paramount
- Developing communication skills using the principles of effective communication (experiential experience, using daily routines, repetition, generalisation and a multi-modal approach) and embed this into our curriculum and in daily routines
- Using communication targets that are embedded across all areas of the curriculum
- Providing pupils to not only develop their communication skills within school, but also to generalise these skills across settings and in the wider community
- Creating a family partnership to support parents and carers in developing their confidence in using and understanding communication strategies with their child in the home environment and the wider community
- Providing staff with the appropriate skills, knowledge and training to help support all pupils with their communication needs across the curriculum and in daily routines
- Recognising the individual’s needs are best met when we work closely together!
Click here for Family signs
Click here for Pronouns signs
Please find our useful links below for communication.
Sign of the Week!