I am delighted to welcome you to our school website. Here at North Ridge Community School the children are at the heart of all we do and we strongly believe it is our responsibility to provide a place where everyone feels welcome, secure and highly valued and promote this through our SHINE Values:
SAFE HEALTHY INDEPENDENT NURTURED (to) EXCEED EXPECTATIONS
The education we provide is personalised and inclusive of everyone.
Our unique North Ridge Curriculum frequently provides innovative opportunities and inspiring experiences, and encourages our children to be learners. This is underpinned by both the Foundation Curriculum and the National Curriculum including wider opportunities such as Forest School and Duke of Edinburgh.
We also view it as our responsibility to work in partnership with parents to ensure our children and young people develop skills for life. We are here to ensure that each and every one of our pupils have the best opportunities to flourish through personalised learning.
I am very proud of North Ridge Community School and to be working with wonderful children, young people, their parents and carers and a dedicated team of incredibly committed and hardworking professionals who all work relentlessly hard to attain the best possible outcomes for all our children and young people.
Our School Day:
Our School Day begins at 9.00am
Our School day ends at 3.15pm
We have two lunch sittings Primary 12pm and Secondary and Post 16 12.30pm
REQUEST FOR PAPER COPIES
Should you require paper copies of any policies or other documentation on this website please contact the school Administration Team using the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website and these will be posted out as soon as possible. All copies requested will be free of charge.
Healthy Start Posters
To view the poster in your preferred language, click one of the languages below.
Keeping Children Safe in Lockdown and Beyond
Message to Families from Doncaster Council – Home to School Transport Policy Consultation
The Home to School Transport Policy consultation is due to close shortly but there is still time to have your say. This can be done in a number of ways:
1. By completing the consultation document attached to the Council website at: www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/schools/education-transport
2. By completing a short survey on the key points of the consultation at: www.doncaster.gov.uk/transportsurvey
3. You can request a paper copy by calling 01302 736080/736002/737220 and this can be handed in at any local Family Hub (a full list of Family Hubs is available at www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/schools/family-hubs-and-services
4. A number of Virtual events are being held via MS Teams. If you would like to attend one of these events then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your preferred date(s) and we will try to accommodate as many as possible. An MS Teams invitation will then be sent to your e-mail address shortly before the event to enable you to join the meeting. The dates for these events are:
· Tuesday 11th January 2022 at 10.00am
· Thursday 13th January 2022 at 6.00pm
· Tuesday 18th January 2022 at 10.00am
· Wednesday 19th January 2022 at 10.00am
· Thursday 20th January 2022 at 6.00pm
The Consultation is open until 31st January 2022 for you to provide feedback and comment. We look forward to hearing from you.
I’m so glad we chose North Ridge Community School for my two sons. Every single member of staff that has worked with the boys from the moment they are picked up, to the time they come home, are dedicated professionals that are aware of their individual needs and have therefore enabled both boys to progress their learning in a comfortable, caring and positive environment.
The open days that are available for our family to attend provide great opportunities to chat informally about the boys progress and to see them so happy in their settings.
It was wonderful to see part of Riley’s day with Riley and everyone else at the Sun Class ‘Stay & Play’ session.
It was great to see, great staff. I am one happy Mummy.